Saturday, August 16, 2014

Meet the Teacher

I've really enjoyed getting to know so many different teacher bloggers from Stephanie's Meet the Teacher Linky.  I decided it's about time for me to link up and let y'all learn a little bit more about me.  So here it goes...


Here's a pic of the people I love most.  My husband and I have been married for 6 years and as you can see, we have two kiddos. Wes thinks our kids look like him, but everyone says they look like me. What do you think?
(We haven't mastered the "perfect" family photo yet -- someone's hair or clothes are always messed up)

This will be my ninth year teaching 2nd grade and I love every minute of it.  Now don't get me wrong, I totally love being a wife and mommy, but being a teacher is definitely my calling in life. Teaching comes naturally and is very easy for me -- being a mommy, NOT AS EASY.  It's hard work but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I love this quote: being a mother is the highest calling but the most challenging blessing. Do you moms agree? 


THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
God. The Sun. The beach. The pool. Summer.  Fall. Coupons. Clothes. Exercising. French Fries. Bomb Pop Popsicles. Nicholas Sparks books and movies. Laughing.


 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
I would love to be a house flipper. 


THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Hard Working. Independent. Helpful.


FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
"I just finished EVERYTHING on my to-do list"
 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
My grandparents who passed away when I was just a toddler.


Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
 She Knows What She Wants


 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT? 
 Ummm..... the ability to not need 8 hours (or more) of sleep every night? For me, that would be a super power! 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
 
Proverbs 3: 5-6

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
It wouldn't happen! This is something I would NEVER do -- I seriously have the WORST singing voice. 

 
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
Always have been and always will be a morning person. I'm ready to get the day started shortly after the sun rises and ready to go to bed almost immediately as the sun sets.  Which is great in the summer, but not helpful in the winter -- I get nothing accomplished. 

 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
 I absolutely LOVE my Math Activities for an Entire Year.  It's my newest product but I love it because it makes math homework meaningful each and every  night of the school year!   Plus, it's super simple and quick to implement.  The activities focus on a variety of skills and build on each other. 
Math Homework Activities for the Entire Year (2nd Grade)

   



Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU.
We're expecting baby number 3.  I couldn't be more excited and can't wait until March 9 when our family will become complete. 

Thanks for taking the time to get to know me.  CLICK HERE to be taken to the linky to meet more than 200 other teacher bloggers. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new baby. We don't have any babies yet, but I can definitely relate about going to bed when the sun sets and needing at least 8 hours of sleep. I'm a total grouch when I don't get my rest; I can't imagine what I'm going to do when we have kids. :)

    ReplyDelete